Mycronic is a global high-tech company whose innovative solutions have been advancing electronics technology for over 40 years. Today we continue to grow and serve customers in an expanding variety of industries. What we do impacts the future of technology, and in turn, the way we live our lives tomorrow.
We’re looking for likeminded people to join our talented, motivated and friendly team on the cutting-edge. Here, in an open, collaborative and flexible environment, you’ll work alongside leading industry experts and take on challenging projects that bring tomorrow’s electronics to life.
About the position
The Manufacturing Technician III will operate production equipment and be responsible for manufacturing and assembly of products. In this role, the Manufacturing Technician III will be able to work with other technicians as well as mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on a variety of electro-mechanical, optical and robotic projects.
• Follows blueprints, guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
• Maintain required records of production and report any inconsistencies or equipment issues following standard procedures.
• Troubleshoot problems and makes necessary adjustments to equipment set ups.
• Conduct testing of production output.
• May train and mentor new technicians.
Experience and Qualifications
• 5+ years manufacturing experience with machine assembly, wiring, and test.
• Able to read blueprints, schematics, engineering drawings, and technical orders (ECN’s) to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations.
• Strong precision soldering experience (certification preferred)
• Able to complete complex assemblies and ensure proper interaction of components.
• Can troubleshoot simple wiring and electrical assemblies.
• Ability to perform testing and troubleshooting in a variety of engineering tasks.
• Proficient use of measuring instruments such as digital multi-meters, micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, and test equipment.
• Ability to demonstrate physical dexterity, ability to bend and to lift (< 50lbs.)
• U.S. citizenship or U.S. work permit required, local candidates only
• Excellent verbal /written and interpersonal communication skills
• Acute attention to detail with moderate supervision
• Initiative and responsibility for successful execution of multiple tasks through all project stages
• Proficiency in the use of a PC, Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Working Conditions / Physical & Mental Demands
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to navigate a manufacturing environment and reach items both high and low and must have the ability to regularly lift and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds. Employee is also frequently required to operate common handheld power tools in a safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee must be able to work in a variety of environmental conditions and temperatures in the manufacturing warehouse.
Location: Tewksbury, MA, USA
How to apply: Send resume to email@example.com
A culture of collaboration and personal growth
At Mycronic, we love what we do, but most importantly who we do it with. Because to us the relationships we have with our customers and each other are the keys to success.
Take part in the excitement of working with innovative people and global businesses who are elevating today’s standards in modern electronics. Share in the responsibility of bringing great ideas to life within an inclusive culture that not only promotes personal growth and embraces diversity but depends upon it.
Here you are expected to have a voice and will be encouraged to get involved. It’s this very mindset that empowers our people to make a positive difference for a broad range of businesses, society and the planet – every day.
Click to learn more about Mycronic and what it’s like to work with us