Supplier Quality Engineer
June 21, 2022
The Supplier Quality Engineer position will be responsible for the total quality management of suppliers and the receiving inspection process.
1. Primary Responsibilities:
· Reviewing manufacturing specifications to verify incoming materials meet the customer specifications required for production.
· Researching, sourcing, and assessing the best vendors to supply the necessary materials.
· As needed, visit vendor facilities and observing the manufacturing environment to review and assess their procedures.
· Performing regular quality control audits to ensure vendors continue to work in compliance with company and federal standards.
· Reviewing incoming supplies and products from vendors to check for defects and ensure quality.
· Conduct tests and assessments on products to identify quality issues.
· Maintain detailed reports on supplier quality, including defect rates.
· Provide technical advice and guidance to suppliers to increase incoming inspection acceptance.
· Serve as a liaison between the customer focus teams and vendors to identify quality issues at receiving inspection and generate effective corrective actions.
· Manage the incoming DMR system.
· Provide weekly supplier quality data metrics to senior Spartronics management.
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
3. Minimum Requirements:
· Education: 4-year collegiate degree preferred.
· 3-5 years in similar or quality-based role
· Prefer 3 years of experience in electronics manufacturing environment
· Time Management: Ability to track and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with several simultaneous projects.
· Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
· Math Ability: Basic arithmetic.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Computer Skills: Microsoft Office proficiency, Photo editing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Aegis Circuit CAM/Factory Logix preferred, Arena, Microsoft D365 desired.
Supplier Quality Engineer job listing has been viewed 12 times