Vitrek, LLC, located in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago, seeks an Electronic Test Technician to assist in the troubleshooting and repair of electronic assemblies in their Lockport, IL office. Focus will be on GaGe product line of high-speed digitizers.
The Electronic Test Technician is responsible for:
• Testing production units to ensure proper operation per established test procedures.
• Analyzing and troubleshooting failed electronic assemblies down to the component level using schematics and test equipment.
• Recognizing failures and set up problems, isolating problems, and taking appropriate action to resolve those problems.
• Keeping supervisor appraised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedules.
• Filling out production test reports, non-conformance reports, certificates of conformance and calibration certificates.
• Providing support to Production and working in other departments and/or on miscellaneous assignments as instructed.
• And other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
POSITION TITLE: Electronic Test Technician
• Associates degree and/or 5 plus years’ equivalent technical experience and/or military technical training.
• Must be able to operate oscilloscopes, generators, meters, power supplies, test fixtures, and understands their use and function.
• Must possess strong troubleshooting (to component level) and problem solving skills, strong analog and digital skills, and excellent soldering skills.
• Be able to read and understand schematics, technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions.
• Must be able to use common software applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Must possess professional, clear verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as in group settings
• Must be well organized and able to multi-task
· Vitrek, LLC values its associates and provides an atmosphere for personal growth and achievement. In keeping with this policy, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes, but is not limited to a competitive salary, attractive medical and dental plan options, PTO, paid holidays, and a Simple IRA plan with employer contributions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company