As a contract manufacturer of high-technology electronic assemblies, Sierra Assembly provides a full range of manufacturing and engineering services.
From prototype to production, Sierra Assembly delivers consistent quality, dependability, on-time delivery, and prompt responsiveness at all points in our processes.
• PCB ASSEMBLY
• BGA & MICRO BGA PLACEMENT
• CABLE AND WIRE HARNESS ASSEMBLY
• PCB DESIGN & REVERSE ENGINEERING
• BOX BUILD ASSMEMBLY
• CONFORMAL COATING
• IC PROGRAMMING
• IN CIRCUIT TESTING/FUNCTIONAL TESTING
• X-RAY INSPECTION
• AUTOMATED OPTICAL INSPECTION
• BGA REWORK
• Laser alignment & vision systems for SMT placement.
• Auto-calibration for SMT lines.
• BGA, μ-BGA, ultra-fine pitch QFP, QFN, and CSP, FCP & 0201
placement & repair.
• Component placement to 7-mil pitch.
• High layer & ultra-dense component counts.
• On site firmware programming.
• 10-zone air convection reflow system with nitrogen atmosphere
• X-Ray laminography.
• Surface Mount Addendum
• Largest BGA Size: 75mm x 75mm
• BGA Pitch Range: 0.25 mm - 3 mm
• Largest QFP Size: 75mm x 75mm
• Smallest QFP Pitch: 0.25 mm - 3 mm
• Largest PCB/Panel Size: 18" x 20"
• Smallest PCB/Panel size: 1.2" Wide
• Smallest Space between Adjacent Components: 0.005"
• Smallest Passive Component Size: 0201
• Bed of Nails (Fixture) ICT Test Station: Genrad 2280
• Component Placement Speeds:
• Juki - 12,500/Hr.
• Component Placement Accuracy:
• Juki - ±30μm (3 Sigma)
• Complex RoHS & non-RoHS PCAs up to 18”x20”.
• PTH, SMT & mixed technology assembly.
• Single and double-sided assembly.
• No clean flux process & closed loop aqueous cleaning system.
• Conformal coating & potting compliant with IPC-CC-830B.
• Cable & harness assembly.
• Complete mechanical assembly.
• Fixture & fixtureless in circuit & functional testing.
• Repair/rework including BGA & QFP.
Our Comprehensive Services
• Electrical, PCB & layout capabilities.
• DFT & DFM engineering support.
• Component selection/BOM creation support.
• Quick turn – 1 to 5 days.
• Turnkey, consignment, or mixed model.
• One piece through beta run.
• Machine & hand placement.
• Reflow and hand soldering.
NPI (NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION)
• Dedicated program management.
• Documentation requirements defined.
• Program review; kick off meeting & Project development.
• Final SOW, materials, processes, & schedule documentation &
• 1st article inspections (Tooling, materials, & assembly) &
• Release to production.
Supply Chain Management
• Component sourcing - Full turnkey to full consignment based
on customer needs.
• BOM analysis & suggestions for cost, availability & serviceability
• Demand aggregation for cost optimization.
• AVL management & supplier certification.
• Demand forecast & supplies management.
• RoHS & non-RoHS Inventory management.
Sierra Assembly Technology LLC Postings
At Sierra Assembly Technology Inc., we ensure printed circuit board assembly that is efficiently produced and quality tested upon completion. We offer lead-free/RoHS compliant production capabilities, thorough knowledge of surface mount technology, a...
Customized Cable, Wire and Harness Assembly Services All our prospective customers can take advantage of the following cable and wire harness assembly services provided by us: Prototype development...
Oct 07, 2016 | Sierra Assembly
In the previous post, we discussed the importance of conformal coatings, materials used for coatings, and methods of application. In this post, we shall look at various conformal coating curing methods, and analyze their immediate benefits. ...
Sep 06, 2016 | Sierra Assembly
Printed circuit boards are the base of electronic products in a variety of consumer and industrial applications. New PCBs always perform well. However, their performance will deteriorate with time due to exposure to different environmental conditions like condensation, moisture, contamination of the iconic material on the surface, dust and dirt, mildew, alpha particles, etc. To avoid these problems, PCBs are protected with conformal coatings. Let’s see how this is done, and how they protect PCB components....